Sheet pan salmon is an easy way to make a gourmet meal without a lot of labor. Lemon garlic salmon with potatoes and asparagus can wow a crowd without using the whole kitchen. This dinner is prepared on a large sheet pan and baked to perfection.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved (or Yukon golds or halved white/red baby potatoes)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 2lbs of skin on wild-caught salmon or 4 six-ounce filets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons Irish butter
- 3 bunches asparagus,(18 spears, woody ends removed)
- lemon sliced to garnish
- Heat oven to 400°F | 200°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, toss together potatoes with the oil, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread out in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes until they’re just starting to soften and brown.
- Push potatoes to one side of the sheet pan and arrange salmon down the center, skin side down of skin on. Rub salmon evenly with 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Add the asparagus to the other side of the pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of the melted butter together and pour the mixture over the salmon and asparagus. Season everything with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and continue baking until the potatoes are golden and fork-tender and the salmon is opaque throughout, (about 10 minutes). Optional: broil in the last 2 minutes for charred edges.