While taking your prenatal vitamin daily is essential, it’s not the only way to nourish your growing baby. Smoothies are an amazing way to pack in vitamins, and fiber to give you the extra nutrients you need. Add these nutrient packed ingredients to your smoothie to nourish your growing baby. Delicious and healthy smoothies for pregnancy.
Try these delicious and healthy smoothies from my Fit Mom Method prenatal course.
What to add to your super smoothie:
- Hemp hearts deliver your essential fatty acids, omega 3 and 6 along with 10g protein.
- Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium and serves another whopping 21g protein.
- Mango contains iron great for hemoglobin (to support increased blood production), Vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
- Blueberries/strawberries and raspberries contain vitamin C, beta carotene, potassium, folic acid and antioxidants all of which build your baby’s healthy skin cells and immune system.
- Peaches are also rich in vitamin c and potassium.
- Almond milk is a great source of calcium.
- Spinach adds vitamin b and folate to your smoothie.
Next time you are blending a smoothie, know that you are giving your baby the best of the best by adding in some of these super smoothie ingredients.