Need a healthy dinner idea? Try this delicious spicy chili-ginger chicken stir fry. Perfect for meal prep lunches and quick healthy dinners. Switch up your boring stir fry for this tasty spicy stir fry. This meal tastes like your favorite takeout and is perfect to prep ahead or for a satisfying high-protein dinner. This meal is packed with veggies and flavor.
What you need:
- 1lb Boneless Skinless Chicken cubed
- 2 Carrots thinly sliced
- 2 Celery Stalks thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs Fresh Ginger Finley chopped
- 1/4 Each – Red, Green, Yellow, Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar (substitute honey)
- 1 tbs chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1tbs Soy Sauce
- pinch salt
1. Thinly slice the onion, celery, bell peppers, and carrots. Chop Ginger. Press or finely chop garlic. Cube chicken.
2. In a large skillet preheated to medium-high. Add the butter and sesame seed oil. Once the pan is hot add the chicken. Salt lightly.
3. Brown the chicken on all sides then add the veggies to the pan except the ginger and garlic Add in the brown sugar and chili paste. Cook for 3-5 Min.
4. Add the garlic and ginger. Last, add the vinegar and soy sauce (add additional to taste). Cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is glazed.
5. Serve over white rice.
Garnish with cilantro and peanuts (optional)
Chef tip: Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. Store rice separately from the stir-fry mixture.