This veggie-loaded pasta salad is the perfect prep-ahead summer item. This healthy pasta salad can be adjusted to use whatever veggies you prefer. This @keepgoingkat-made famous veggie pasta salad makes it easy to pack in a ton of veggies at every meal. You can swap or add in the veggies you love to make healthy eating simple.
This is the perfect prep-ahead lunch healthy lunch. Make a large batch and let it marinade for the best flavors. Portion out what you need for a grab-and-go lunch for work. Or pack it as a healthy lunch for teens.
- 1 Box Multicolor Rotini
- 3.7 oz marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 15 oz Can Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 whole Shallot Chopped or 1/2 Red Onion
- 3.8 oz can sliced black olives
- 12oz Steamed Broccoli – (Save time with a steamer bag of broccoli – prepared according to package a cooled)
- 1 3 oz bag sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp balsamic dressing or Italian dressing
- Season to taste: granulated garlic, oregano, basil, pepper
- Add mixed greens and Lemon Herb Chicken to pack in ann additional 20+ grams of protein in a 3-4oz serving
- Toss in cubed pepperoni or salami.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction on a plate and add arugula then scoop pasta on the plate.
Prepare pasta according to package. Strain and spread out on a baking sheet to cool. While the pasta cooks prepare the broccoli steamer bag according to the package. Chop veggies. In a large bowl combine pasta, veggies, dressing, and cheese. Season to taste.
This vegetable pasta salad is an easy lunch the whole family will love. This is a great prep-ahead option to add to your meal plan menu.